Join Us this August 2, Tuesday evening from 5:00pm – 8:00pm. Get to know your neighbors!!!
If you know your immediate neighbors, time to learn about the ones on the adjacent streets 🙂 Spread the word! Click here to download a PDF version of the flyer to print and distribute to your neighbors.
For those unable to attend the 3rd quarter LPNA meeting this past Saturday, you missed another great meeting.
- Bylaws were approved.
- Overview of the LPNA website and other outreach programs were discussed. (Working on a facebook page, so stay tuned. If you have other input or suggestions, reach out to us via the Contact Us page)
- Updates for the Participatory Budgeting process taking place for the Calpine financial grant affecting Los Paseos, Chantilly, Santa Teresa, Avenida Espana, and Metcalf neighborhoods
- National Night Out festivities coming up on August 2
- Visits by candidates running for the District 2 councilman’s seat (Steve Brown and a representative on behalf of Sergio Jimenez, Ian Crueldad)
- Visit by the one of the two new District 2 neighborhood commissioners, Perry Henry
In addition to these issues, guest speakers Alice Kaufman from Committee for Green Foothills discussed present history and development actions in Coyote Valley. Then our very own Barbara and Tom Canup presented on Disaster Preparedness, “3 things you can do this weekend to make your family safer”.
Click on the following link to view the LPNA quarterly meeting agenda for this Saturday 7/23 10:15am-12:00pm MEETING AGENDA 23Jul2016
Santa Teresa Public Library (Community Meeting Room)
290 International Cir
San Jose, CA 95119
Wondering why another (NA) Neighborhood Association’s meeting is posted on our site?!? Well, you can NEVER have too much information at your disposal! Additionally, most of the NA’s work together to keep all communities informed of issues that directly impact them. With that said, STBNA monthly meetings are held at:
Santa Teresa Public Library (Community Room)
290 International Circle
San Jose, CA 95119
Agenda for 7/25 STBNA meeting:
– Street View Tour (Menlo Park)
– Next Steps (funding)
7:00PM High Speed Rail Update
– Monterey Highway Viaducts
– Ashford (England) viaduct video
– Alternate proposal
– Next steps
7:25PM District 2 update (Roseryn)
7:30PM Open Forum
– Meet the D2 candidates
– Next Month’s agenda
From now through July 5th the City of San Jose has an online reporting form to submit tips and information regarding the use of illegal fireworks. You can also upload photos and videos of the perpetrators violating city ordinances and disrupting your community.
Be safe, attend a professional fireworks show if you must, a list of displays is available at www.sanjoseca.gov/fireworksdisplays.