For those unable to attend the 3rd quarter LPNA meeting this past Saturday, you missed another great meeting.
- Bylaws were approved.
- Overview of the LPNA website and other outreach programs were discussed. (Working on a facebook page, so stay tuned. If you have other input or suggestions, reach out to us via the Contact Us page)
- Updates for the Participatory Budgeting process taking place for the Calpine financial grant affecting Los Paseos, Chantilly, Santa Teresa, Avenida Espana, and Metcalf neighborhoods
- National Night Out festivities coming up on August 2
- Visits by candidates running for the District 2 councilman’s seat (Steve Brown and a representative on behalf of Sergio Jimenez, Ian Crueldad)
- Visit by the one of the two new District 2 neighborhood commissioners, Perry Henry
In addition to these issues, guest speakers Alice Kaufman from Committee for Green Foothills discussed present history and development actions in Coyote Valley. Then our very own Barbara and Tom Canup presented on Disaster Preparedness, “3 things you can do this weekend to make your family safer”.