Need more information about what is happening regarding COVID-19?
The City of San Jose publishes notifications on a daily basis on their website. On this page, you can sign up with the City to receive these notifications in your email, as well as review past notifications within their archive.
Updates on City of San José Services and/or Operations
– General Inquiries about City Facilities/Operations: 3-1-1 (408-535-3500)
– San José City Hall, located at 200 E. Santa Clara St., is closed to the public.
– Public Meetings: City Council meetings and Rules and Open Government Committee meetings will continue as planned. The Planning Commission will be held virtually, as needed. All other Council Committees, Commissions, and Board meetings are cancelled through May.
– The Rapid Response Network in Santa Clara County (Spanish video, Vietnamese video) continues its operations and stands ready to protect community members targeted by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Call 408-290-1144 immediately for assistance from Rapid Response volunteers and immigration attorneys.
SANTA CLARA COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT
Frequently Asked Questions about “Shelter in Place” order
Additional resources from the County:
If you prefer to receive County updates, sign up to their AlertSCC program for alerts sent directly to your cell phone or mobile device, landline, or email. Alerts can include:
- Severe weather
- Crime incident that affects your neighborhood
- Instructions during a disaster
CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES
Visit the hhs.gov website to learn more about: The President’s Coronavirus Guidelines, HHS COVID-19 News, the Federal Government Response to COVID-19, and more.
CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION
Visit the CDC Coronavirus (COVID-19) website for more information about: What You Need to Know, How to Protect Yourself, Resources for the Community, Information for Healthcare Professionals, Latest Updates, and more.
FREE MEALS FROM LOCAL SCHOOLS
Local schools are providing free to-go meals for all children ages 1-18, regardless of what school or community you live in. CHILDREN MUST BE PRESENT.
– For more information, times, and locations at Oak Grove School District sites, visit ogsd.net
Visit the link above for information about: What you need to know, Getting care in Northern California, Protecting yourself and your family, Kaiser Permanente preparedness and response, General COVID-19 information
Visit VTA’s website for updates about what VTA is doing to prevent the spread of COVID-19, as well as updates to paratransit: vta.org/covid-19
The Open Space Authority will be closing its office, administrative staff are working from home, and all docent-led and volunteer stewardship events are canceled through April 30, 2020.
This post will update as more resource information becomes available.