Thought I would share the D2 office email that went out to subscribers regarding the Housing Town Hall meeting held on May 24, 2018 at the Southside Community Center addressing the following:
- Santa Clara County is projected to add 300,000 people (the equivalent of two Sunnyvales) over the next 10-15 years
- Two-thirds of the population growth will come from people ages 65 and older – because people are living longer
- Santa Clara County is becoming more urban to keep up with the demand of the population
- We need to act urgently to prepare for our rapidly increasing and aging population
We must plan our City not for what we see now, but for the future
- Rental rights and recent changes for tenants and landlords in San Jose
- Rent Stabilization Program
- Mobilehome Rent Ordinance
- Apartment Rent Ordinance
- Tenant Protection Ordinance
- Ellis Act Ordinance
The Facebook live videocast of the meeting is available here.
The PowerPoint presentation entitled “Housing Department Know Your Rights” is available from the San Jose City website document library.
If you want to receive the D2 email directly, sign up on their Constant Contact mailing list. This link is subject to change, but can always be located on the official District 2 website on the City of San Jose site.